- - - - - BIG PICTURE - - - - -
The 2 Realms:
In the above diagram we see 2 realms of existance. There is God's realm and within that is a box representing earth's realm or human realm.
- Note that time in God's realm is not related to earth time (2 Peter 3:8 "... With the Lord a day is like a thousand years, and a thousand years are like a day.").
- Also that God's realm is usually referred to as "heaven".
- When in God's realm the true Christian looses all association with earthly existance.
1 Corinthians 15:42-44 "So will it be with the resurrection of the dead. The body that is sown is perishable, it is raised imperishable; it is sown in dishonor, it is raised in glory; it is sown in weakness, it is raised in power; it is sown a natural body, it is raised a spiritual body."
Galations 3:28-29 "There is neither Jew nor Greek, slave nor free, male nor female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus. If you belong to Christ, then you are Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise."
- For all of us True Believers, the Judgement Seat of Christ is where our foregiveness of sins is proclaimed.
Believers death line: ( representing the moment of death )
- Old Testament - These true beleivers go to Abraham's bosom or sometimes referred to as paradise.
- New Testament - These true believers go to the Judgement Seat of Christ.
Note that this includes all that are not mentally accountable for sin (ie. babies, young children too young to ascertain sin, and those mentally challenged) when they die.
All Other's death line:
- Old Testament - These go to hades or sometimes referred to as hell upon dying.
- New Testament - These go to the Judgement Seat of Christ upon dying.
Judgement Seat of Christ: ( also referred to as the Great White Throne, Revelation 20:11 )
(2 Corinthians 5:10 "For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ, that each one may receive what is due him for the things done while in the body, whether good or bad.")
- Each of us will first approach the "books" (Revelation 20:12 "... books were opened. Another book was opened, which is the book of life. ...").
- Those of us that have our name written in the "book of life" will be proclaimed as forgiven and spend eternity in God's new realm. (Revelation 20:15 "If anyone's name was not found written in the book of life, he was thrown into the lake of fire.")
Scholars also believe that the other "books" is each person's history of life while on this planet.
Some also believe that all of us True Beleivers, once it is revealed, that our name is in the "book of life", then in our forgiven state we just bypass the judgement portion entirely.
New Heaven and New Earth: ( New Jeruselem refers to the New Earth )
- Only, those of us true believers in Jesus (including the Old Testament believers and those not mentally accountable) will spend our eternity with Jesus, being our spouse (in human terms - soul mate or husband), for all eternity.
- Note that the old earth, that we are on, will be gone and this New Earth will be God's new or replacement Garden of Eden.
- - - - - Earth's Time Line - - - - -
The 2 Realms:
- Since this diagram is focused on our time line, God's realm of existance is depicted above a light blue line.
- Even though this diagram seems to depict God's realm having the same time line as our own, it does not. God's realm is not related to our earthly time line (2 Peter 3:8 "... With the Lord a day is like a thousand years, and a thousand years are like a day.").
(Revelation 19:7-9 "For the wedding of the Lamb has come, and his bride has made herself ready. ... 'Blessed are those who are invited to the wedding supper of the Lamb!' ...")
- This is where the church (New Testament True Believers) celebrate our wedding to Jesus.
- The assumption here is also that we have already been to the Judgement Seat of Christ.
- This actually occurs in God's realm, so the diagram implying the length being 7 years should not be assumed. The main reason that I put it there is that scholars believe that we will be helping during the millinnium.
- Notice that there is a gap between the rapture of True Believers and the actual beginning of the Tribulation. This is more of an implied short gap, which could be minutes or hours or any length of time.
- The end of the Tribulation is Armagedon where all surviving True Believers enter into the Millinnium, while all others are killed. This is also where satan and his demons are cast into the Abyss until the end of the Millinnium.
Untainted by sin:
- Notice that at the end of earth time or earth's realm of existance, all that is tainted by/with sin is removed or destroyed.
All non-believers (Revelation 20:14-15 "Then death and Hades were thrown into the lake of fire. The lake of fire is the second death. If anyone's name was not found written in the book of life, he was thrown into the lake of fire.")
Satan and all of his demons (Revelation 20:10 "And the devil, who deceived them, was thrown into the lake of burning sulfur, where the beast and the false prophet had been thrown. They will be tormented day and night for ever and ever.")
Earth and God's heaven (Revelation 21:1 "Then I saw a new heaven and a new earth, for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away, and there was no longer any sea."). Yes, even God's heaven. Remember that Satan's presence was, for a while, in this heavenly realm of God's. So it also has to go. Also notice that there are no oceans or lakes, just one huge garden.